Loki's world 02 - Positive negativism


Positive negativism




I call it positive negativism. Imagine the worst that can happen, live in full color, and then begin to assume that this variant is the most likely. If possible, do everything you can to avert it... and if it doesn't help and your idea becomes a reality, at least you can say you knew you it. This will make you an absolutely terrible and annoying companion, an old owl that can only enjoy life with a certain level of alcohol in its blood, but this approach will save you a lot of bitter disappointment. Add to that healthy skepticism and paranoia and you will become elusive. That is exactly what is needed in my profession.

I knew from the first moment that I know, there was something wrong with this guy. Jonathan Pine - far too perfect for our plans, a man with many names who happens to cross our path several times. But shit, not even in a dream! There are no coincidences. My personal tip was that he was an agent of someone: MI6, CIA, Mossad, SVR ... there were always a lot of possibilities. The second possibility was that he was acting for himself, but I would still be afraid that his interests were far from our interests, and when I noticed where Jed had gone for a night walk, I was one hundred percent sure that it's one big time bomb. He saved the life of Roper's son, making him an untouchable man. I had to submit conclusive evidence.

I already thought I had him when I caught him that fateful night, but I made an unforgivable mistake. My super ability - positive negativism - betrayed me. The possibility that the overly attractive guy was a spy wasn't far from the worst.

"Then bunking off again I'll chat you can go to detention for that you know," I greeted him as he tried to walk through the hole in the fence. I took another cigarette to strengthen.

"It's your word against mine" he said calmly over my next threat.

"That's risk I have to take," I retorted and pulled a gun on him. I just had enough. It was time to get rid of the treacherous snake. I resolutely looked him in the face, and the moonlight revealed me more than the noon sun. I recognized him! He was not wearing a golden helmet with horns or that weird black-green-gold outfit, his hair was shorter and blond, where the long greasy curls was, who knows, but it was HIM.

"You want to kill me, Corky?!" he laughed just as confidently and insanely as when he had attacked New York.

As if all the blood in my veins had suddenly froze. I couldn't move. "Loki," it came out of my mouth. Something like a surprise flashed across his face for a moment.

"Wow, you're probably the first Midgardian to recognized me since my expulsion," he confirmed his identity, and even as I aimed a loaded weapon at him, I took two steps back.

I tried to calm my wildly pounding heart and lowered my gun. Who would want to pit God against himself? "That, that ... that's actually OK," my voice was still an octave higher. "You're not a spy ... you do, you do it because you want those weapons? You don't have to... you can take it... we can give you more. Whatever you want," I nodded and felt the tension and fear slowly fall from me. "We will supply enough for a reasonable amount so that you can easily try to attack Earth again."

But Loki laughed badly again: "Stupid Midgardian, I don't need to get something that has been mine for a long time. I just have to learn to take much better care of my things." That was the last thing I heard. Then I just felt a sharp pain. My legs broke and I fall into the gravel below me.





Komentáře