The real FBI 04 - Hunter


Hunter



Derek Morgan woke up with terrifying headache on the bed of the motel. What? Was it all a dream, and he just had a bit of drinking too much yesterday?! No, wait, if it is so, why is he in the motel and not at home? Was he so drunk when he had a case?! No, it's not likely! He couldn't even recognize this room now, when he was fully awake. Nothing was there, except for the things he had when he entered the haunted house, but it didn't mean that the room was empty.

On the bedside table next to the bed was a first-aid kit with half-drawn things, and clothes and blood-stained bandages wound around. First aid that was used directly on him. He had a wrapped head and a right hand. An open laptop with a lot of paper lay on the table a few feet further. Morgan rose and walked over to it. The laptop was switched on and connected to the Internet, and on its monitor there was an article about a demon called Agramon. On the table next to laptop lay photos of the victims from police file and several of printed papers about the history of the house. Morgan would admire it as a great police job if it was police work and not one's obsession. Just in the chair beside it was a green military bag, and the contents gave it a completely different dimension. It was full of weapons, knives, pistols, shotguns, there were flares, a shovel, a couple of sacks of salt, a bottle of water in which a rosary swam, and even something that resembled a large thorn or a part of a spear.

Great, so the whole thing wasn't just a dream, or he wasn't save by some good soul, who is interested about the case of the missing people in a haunted house, but he was probably kidnapped by unsub, when he would lose consciousness. Unsub doped him by something, frightened him, and now he's here, is not it?! But if he was kidnapped, why would unsub treat him? Why didn't unsub take his service weapon? Morgan still had it at his waist. Why didn't he take his cellphone? Why didn't unsub tie him and why he left him here alone with all this? Maybe unsub didn't expect to that he wake up so soon. Or he suffers from a split personality, one is a murderer and the other is trying to protect people, but one doesn't know about another. That might explain, but such a phenomenon, combined with religious delusions, was so rare that Morgan didn't really know what to think about it.

Our FBI agent continued to rummage through the bag until he encountered several fake passports, citizens and badges of various government officials, including the FBI badge. All the fake documents were the same photos of the same man. It was the young man, who Morgan saw yesterday at the amusement park, the journalist who wanted to go to the haunted house. Morgan frowned. It didn't make any sense! He put one of the proofs on the table and took photos with it on his cell phone, then called Garcia.

"Oh, you have the courage to call me! Hotch sends you somewhere, who knows where, and I didn't hear about you for days. I'm angry with you! You know, how much I was afraid about you!" she denounced his actions immediately without a greeting.

"I'm so sorry, my beautiful baby girl. I promise you, once I get home again, so I will compensate you all," Morgan promised, but he was not sure if he'd ever get home again. That night in the haunted house was hard for him.

"Well, well, the apology accepted, so what you need from the well of all knowledge, my chocolate thunder," Garcia immediately chattered.

"I think I have something," Morgan began.

"You think you have something, it doesn't sound very convincing," Morgan's favorite friend was joking.

"No, no, baby, I..." Morgan wanted Garcia to say everything. Tell her that he doesn't have anybody here, that he spent one of his darkest moments of life yesterday, and that he does not even know where he is, that he is going crazy. But it couldn't, he couldn't!

"Derek, what is wrong? You scare me!" Garcia murmured after Morgan's long pause.

"Nothing, just... I'll send you a picture and I'd like you to find out who it is and his past," Morgan said.

"Don't you even have a name for me?"

"I have a lot of names, but they are probably fake," Morgan nodded, as if Garcia could see him.

"Do you know, that you want to something impossible?" Garcia murmured.

"I know, sweetheart, but I kind of think you're a fairy and you can do miracles," Morgan said.

"Well, now you got me, you got it, but it'll take a while," Grarcia laughed and finished the conversation. Just like the call, because at that moment the door opened from the motel room and the suspect entered. Morgan didn't hesitate and immediately took him to the ground. The boy might have looked harmless, but not after Morgan seen the bag and case papers, it was cool, thoughtful, and planned, he knew Reid, and he knew that even with such a figure he could do many things.

"Hey, hey, take it easy, man. I don't want to hurt you if I wanted to hurt you, I could you left in that haunted house. I didn't want to kidnap you, and if it weren't the only way to save your neck, I wouldn't really bother. Seriously, man, no offense, but do you know how much your muscles weigh?!" the young man snarled slightly. Morgan reluctantly released his grip, because he was mollified funny remark about his weight and uncertain smile. Unsubs, with whom Morgan had met during his entire career, they didn't usually smile, certainly not when they were lying on the ground and they were caught, they were mostly bitter people who wanted revenge, not the young people who make joke in bad situation.

"I've brought something else to help you with your teeth. You've tore a few of them, when you've fallen, that's why you have headache."

"Are you trying to tell me that, I have headache from my teeth?" Morgan grunted.

"Well, not exactly, you got hit a nice punch, but you wouldn't believe how much trouble they can cause just teeth. I had one patient, a little girl still crying and..." the young man began to splatter quickly, but he didn't even have to say any more, Morgan suddenly understood.

"You... it was you. You called us about the death of Lily Bell," Morgan said.

"Yeah, it wasn't my case. But when I mentioned in the phone, where you would find me, when I found her, I didn't want any of the civilians investigate this haunted house," a young man confirmed to Morgan's assumption and rose from the ground.

"Isn't your case? Civilians?" Morgan frowned. Morgan didn't like that, the young man expressed themselves as unsub. They spoke of the war of God, and that they must seek evil, to purify this land.

"Civilians, you and other people who aren't hunters," already in the call, the boy said that "to hunt people isn't his field," what did he mean? Hunt was another word used by unsub or behavioral analysts. Maybe he made a mistake when he released the boy. Damn it was like a swing, for a while he was pretty sure the kid was a murderer, and then he wasn't so much.

"Hunters?!" Morgan repeated and the young man sighed.

"Sit down and I'll look at your teeth," the young man said with all seriousness, changing the subject of speech so effectively, and Morgan suddenly didn't knew, why he had obeyed him with unexpected confidence. Which was strange, given that the young man could probably kill him with the scalpel and tweezers or at least seriously hurt him. None of this happened. The boy leaned over him, stared for a moment in his mouth, then picked up the scalpel, and it hurt a little. The young man handed him a glass of water for rinsing the mouth. The whole "operation" took a moment, but Morgan felt after that much better, just hoping the kid didn't give him anything in the water, but probably not.

"And that's it, it should be a lot better, but be the same I would visit an expert," he said, when he finished, he went to wash his hands, then sat down to his laptop. There was silence, and the boy sat and looked at Morgan, as if Morgan had decided what to do next.



"Do you know, man, that you can leave at any time?" in the end the young man broke the silence with a note that Morgan didn't expect.

"Can I?"

"Yes you can. You can go away from this room and the motel. You can go with your team and solve the pseudo vampire with them. Which I would recommend you. Or you can stay here and investigate missing people in the haunted house on your own. That's a pretty stupid option, I don't want anything to happen to you if I've done so much to save your federal ass. Yeah, I know you're from the FBI and your name is Derek Morgan, I saw your ID. But I think the worst option is that you will arrest me. You could do that too. I'm not crazy, Derek, I know how it looks like. I don't know any hunter, who would have good relations with the police, they see us like potential suspects, illegally armed individuals, credit card fraudsters, psychopaths with religious delusions and murderers... And it's sad that basically they're mostly right about it, but we aren't digging graves and burning bodies just for fun," the young man said and Morgan swallowed. The kid just admitted to several serious crimes or not? But why? That was strange, another thing that distinguished him from the common unsub when he was mentally ill. What he had experience, was that people with delusions were not able to connect with reality so well, they were not able to realize that others wouldn't believe them, couldn't think rationally, not be able to use their former knowledge, use them in practice. The boy, if he was mentally ill, wasn't be able to cure him, but even so he helped him. And why is he talking in plural? "We hunters," are there any more? Has this young man succumbed to some sect, crowd psychosis? But most influence of them work only when other people are in or near contact with the sect, but the young man looks like he has been driving for several weeks, months or years alone on his own.

"That's what you do: scams, buying weapons, digging graves and burning bodies?" Morgan tried to understand it.

"Do you know how many people inexplicably disappear every year? Do you know how much strange unexplained murders will happen? No one will just disappear... and especially not at night. The police and the FBI are not the only one who cares," the young man didn't answer to Morgan's question. "Then you could stay here and investigate the case with me," he said suddenly. So good, now that they have jumped from the suspect to partners? "When you were in the house, what did you see?" Now the boy got to the interrogation!?

"I, I saw Rachel McCall, murdered there. She had cut carotid artery and on the ground was some kind of ornament. I came to her and closed her eyes, then I went upstairs and there she was, her body again. I didn't understand it, I ran down to... I don't know, make sure it's true what I saw... that there are two, but in on the lower floor she wasn't Rachel McCallova anymore, but she's got a former my colleague Elle Greenaway... she was lying there just like Rachel, but suddenly she moved and spoke to me... She reproached me what happened to her that one killer had attacked her at home, and nobody from us has protected her... I was scared, I was so afraid... I rushed away quickly and suddenly I wasn't running away from the house, but just away from the danger of the man who was chasing me... The man who tyrannized me in his childhood…" Morgan didn't know, why he started collaborating with the young man, why he gave him important information about the case and personal things, but when he started he felt the need to confess. Confide with the horror, even though the boy could be the unsub, and he was, in any case, strange. "Someone had to drug me."

"Maybe," the young man agreed. "Or, not. What you described to me makes sense."

"How do you think, it makes sense?" Morgan didn't understand.

"Did you see this symbol under the body of Rachel McCall?" the young man asked, handing one of the papers back to Morgan. It was a simple drawing, but there was no doubt. It was exactly what our FBI agent had seen at the night, blood drawn on the ground under the deceased.

"Yeah."

"And there were words on the walls: fear, timor, and Agramon?" the young man asked.

"Yes, what does that mean?" Morgan shook his head.

"Timor is in Latin word for "fear" and Agramon is a demon of fear. The symbol on ground is and has always been used for human sacrifice, as evidenced by the position of Rachel and the spilled blood..." The young man mumbled again and handed Morgan various papers. "Rachel McCall was a family type, who would give everything to her family. Daniel Jones was deeply in love with his girlfriend. Sofia Gray was determined to do everything for her career. Esme Hall was a member of the charity. Gabriel Cook was a priest. Corniel Lewis worked on one of the emergency lines, helping people overcome obstacles. Anael Lee had a hard life, when she was young, whole her family died in a car crash, and then her adoptive parents was murdered, when she was 24 years old, she became ill and half of her body was paralyzed, yet she didn't surrender and became a popular comic book author. Family, love, purposefulness, helping others, faith, determination to overcome obstacles, the ability to see light in the most difficult moments, these are things that have to overcome fear in order to empower people, and they are also the victims that are needed to the ritual of the rebellion of the demon Agramon," the young man explained.

"Do you think a maniac is trying to rebellion, raise a demon of fear?!" Morgan couldn't believe that, but the boy was right. What make complete sense. "God, what will the unsub do, when he fails?"

"I wouldn't be afraid of that. I'd rather ask: What will be if he succeeds?"






Komentáře